tribe/m

all-night beach bonfires, anyone?

Flamingo 09/15 by Flamingo

Hi everyone,

Whatever happened to all-night beach bonfire parties?

I'd like to organize an all-night beach burn this fall, but I'm feeling frustrated with government regulations on (1) beach fires and (2) beach curfew. I just learned that beach fires are prohibited after 11 PM on all the California state park beaches, which applies to nearly all the coastline around the SF area. Back in the 1990's, the legendary Full Moon Rave parties took place on Boony Doon Beach -- which is BLM land, not state park -- but those halcyon days were long ago, and I've heard rumor that cops now regularly patrol Boony Doon and shutdown parties.

Can you recommend a good beach for an all-night bonfire? Where can we can stay out all night with our friends and watch the sunrise? Ideally, I want to setup some DJ equipment, but that raises further problems with the legality of "public sound amplification". . and gives law enforcement one more reason to shutdown our gathering. Any suggestions?

Re: all-night beach bonfires, anyone?

Alice 01/03 by Alice

There used to be regular parties at the Red White and Blue Beach, but that has since closed as a campground and been put up for sale. They don't permit anyone there anymore (owned by an old cranky fellow).

Lupin Lodge, a naturist/nudist retreat in the same area has started hosting the parties instead. They have beautiful grounds, hot tubs and pools... but no beached.